Expertise : Professional Services
Top Tips for Professional Services
Postage offers great scope for savings.
The secret to lower mailing costs is to prepare mail properly to take advantage of the most economical rates and to eliminate the waste and expense of unnecessary mailings.
- Costs can be cut by sending mail via an alternative mail provider or by using franking machines to maximise savings offered by Royal Mail.
- Businesses with sophisticated needs can track postal expenditure across multiple sites using specialist mail accounting packages giving managers a view of postal expenditure across an enterprise.
- Eliminating individual or personal printers can save money, by migrating users to shared printers and adding user convenience by letting staff print to any printer on the network.
- Most multifunctional printers and copiers can scan and create a PDF. Preview the scanned document, then decide where to send the scan, such as your email, or to your document or case management system.
- Make users aware of the impact of printing. Start tracking printing and produce reports for each individual in your company and let them know how much they are spending.
- Manage the use of colour printing. While colour adds impact to presentations and can emphasize critical pieces of information, it doesn’t need to be a part of everything you print.
- Recover printing costs. If you are charging clients for prints or processing interdepartmental printing costs, are you accurately tracking what percentage of prints are billable and what costs should be allocated where?
- Consider off-site storage for your documents. Keeping all your records in your office may seem like the natural choice – they are nearby, easy to access and protected from the outside world. However, keeping documents in-house takes up valuable space and frequently ends up cluttering up space.
- Storing in-house is also not as secure as you might think – a lot of people come and go in most offices, and you don’t always know who’s had access to what.