Salutem Care & Education is delighted to have joined forces with their new Carbon Partner Auditel to deliver their objective of becoming Carbon Neutral while on their longer-term journey to reaching Net Zero.
At Salutem Care & Education we’re a team of people supporting people to live a life they love. We are proud to provide a range of care and support in our schools, day centres, and residential homes for children and adults. Just like any family, we want the very best for the individuals we support. Our aim at Salutem Care and Education is to empower people to live a life they choose, regardless of the care and support they need.
Each individual we support at Salutem Care and Education has an opportunity to live their best life each and every day. We are proud to offer outstanding levels of care, support and education for each individual we support as part of our Salutem family.
John Godden MBE, CEO of Salutem Care & Education comments, “With over 150 services across England and Wales, we are industry professionals in providing support and care. Salutem is taking practical steps to reduce its carbon footprint and the impact of the business on the environment.
Through installing smart energy monitoring equipment across all our services, we can understand exactly how we consume energy and put measures in place to reduce energy usage. By involving our staff and the individuals we support we will empower the people in our homes to deliver the best possible care in a responsible and sustainable way.”
Carbon Reduction Projects:
- Roll out of Utopi smart monitoring equipment to identify excess energy usage and manage this down.
- We are assessing all sites to identify where we can take advantage of solar panels and ground source heat pumps.
- Replacement of lighting in schools and colleges with energy-efficient LEDs
- Migration of fleet vehicles to electric power as we renew our fleet over time.
- Commissioning of a 3-year carbon footprint report to monitor progress on our carbon reduction journey.