Posted by: Paul Foster
Why energy efficiency?
Putting energy prices and the environment at the top of your agenda is a smart environmental and business practice. Reducing energy consumption will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and operating, manufacturing and consumption costs.
1. Set a company energy policy – by making energy efficiency a part of operational procedures and a consideration in every business decision.
2. Perform an energy audit – to assess where energy efficiency can be improved.
3. Implement energy-efficiency recommendations.
4. Encourage employee participation and innovation – educate employees and introduce easy-to-follow energy-efficient practices.
5. Introduce financial incentives for employees to come up with energy-saving ideas.
6. Track energy costs both before and after energy improvements – information creates your next set of action plans.
7. Optimise energy in manufacturing processes and activities – improves competitiveness!
According to insolvency firms one in three companies is “regularly” reaching their overhead limit, highlighting rising financial distress among businesses – energy cost efficiency is a necessity!