Cost Management : Management Today Survey
The Performance Accelerator Campaign
Auditel has commissioned an independent survey to examine the strategic importance of cost management amongst organisations across the UK. Over 120 business leaders responded to the survey, which was undertaken by leading business magazine Management Today. Full results of the survey and associated commentary has been collected in this area.
Key findings suggests that:
- (70%) of organisations do not have a cost management strategy in place,
- Lack of understanding is the greatest obstacle to cost management,
- The topic of cost management is on the boardroom agenda for 82% of respondents,
- CEO’s are in the main (60%), seen to be champions of cost management exercises, closely followed by Financial Directors (40%),
- In 73% of organisations, cost management measures are undertaken in-house,
- Two thirds of respondents recognise that cost management can accelerate performance, improve efficiency and gain competitive advantage.
Key Points from the Survey
We spoke to Auditel's Managing Director, Chris Allison, about his take on some of the main questions in the survey.
MT and Auditel sat down with a panel of experts to debate how it’s possible for businesses to manage costs but still expand. Read more →
What do you consider to be the main purpose of cost management?
Companies that are positive about cost management and see it as more than simply making savings are the ones that will be in pole position to take advantage of economic recovery, according to a recent survey commissioned by Auditel and Read on! →
Leading cost management franchise, Auditel, has commissioned an independent survey to examine the strategic importance of cost management amongst organisations across the UK. Over 120 business leaders responded to the survey, which was undertaken by leading business magazine Management Today. Read on! →